Masala chai is a flavored tea which is made with black tea and a mixture of aromatic spices. The beverage has gained worldwide popularity.
1. Water – 1 cup
2. Sugar – 1 tbsp
3. Black Tea – 1 tbsp
4. Milk powder – 2 tbsp
5. Cardamom pods – 2/3
6. Ginger – 1/2 tsp
1. Crush the ginger and cardamom using a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
2. Heat water in a pan on medium flame.
Add crushed ginger and cardamom seeds.
3. Once the water is hot , add the milk powder and sugar.
4. let the milk and spices comes to boil.
5. Add the black tea and simmer for a minute or two. ( Simmer more for stronger )
6. Strain the Masala Chai into the cup using a strainer.
7. Now serve hot.
I’m not huge fan of tea. I am coffee person. However I enjoy tea once in a while and I need my tea to be flavored with cardamom. Cardamom tea is my mother in-law’s specialty.